Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It Starts.

What's happening Bemis,
Hope that everyone enjoyed their break.  I know I did.  But by the time it was coming to an end I was ready to come back.  Im glad to be back at it again, even though I will miss the sleep, but hey, Its the cousin of death. Right?  Ill be blogging this semester for the second year class.  Ill be trying to give you an example of what were learning this semester, and some of the things I experience here at Hampton U's Bemis Labs.  I know its going to go by fast so hopefully I can keep up. 
Right of the bat we were given three assignments.
-An urban analysis/issue of Phoebus
-A facade study
-A class portfolio
Our whole semester we will be spending in Phoebus, and let me tell you, that place needs some work.  However, it does have potential.  It has a lot of history, and a nice location near the water, amongst other things.  It also is the closest thing to our campus, so if it was to develop more, it might be a cool spot.
 
By the end of the semester we will have designed two buildings in the area.  One will be a group of live/work units, and the other is still undecided.  Stay tuned and feel free to comment.

2 comments:

MARKOS said...

Have you gone to fort monroe and checked out the fort? there are some little interesting jewels to be found there

Jordan said...

No, they want us to focus mostly on Mallory and Mellon and some areas within close proximity. I will be making a trip over there on my own time though.